|Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty|
|Publisher(s)|| Eidos Interactive
|Mode(s)|| Single player|
|Platform(s)|| Microsoft Windows
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty is a standalone mission expansion pack to the original game Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines. It was developed by Pyro Studios and published by Eidos Interactive and released in 1999.
The game featured improved graphics (noticable when zooming), new skills (stone throwing, cigarette packet distract stunning attacks), new equipment (clubs, rifles, handcuffs), mechanics (puppeting captured enemies, spy using any capture guards clothing), more interative environments, new drivable vehicles and new character classes.
The expansion consists of 8 brand new missions in more diverse environments and accordingly quickly ramp in difficulty compared to the original game. The opening mission is based on an raid on Guernsey and the second a rescue attempt inside a dilapidated zoo.
- Mission 1: Dying Light
- Mission 2: The Asphalt Jungle
- Mission 3: Dropped Out of the Sky
- Mission 4: Thor's Hammer
- Mission 5: Guess Who's Coming Tonight
- Mission 6: Eagle's Nest
- Mission 7: The Great Escape
- Mission 8: Dangerous Friendships
- SdKfz 3 (Only in the mission pack add-on)
- SdKfz 222 (Only in the training mode and mission pack add-on)
- SdKfz 251 (Only in the mission pack add-on but appears as a transport variant)
- Transport Lorry
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Skills and MechanicsEdit
- Stunning Enemies
- Stone throwing
- Cigarette packet distraction
- Disguise clothing (Only for The Spy)
- In the demo version of this game, it will let you play one of the eight missions from the full version, the mission is Guess Who's Coming Tonight. The demo is also named Commandos Mission Pack, which suggests that originally this was going to be an extension to Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines rather than a standalone expansion.
- Unlike Behind Enemy Lines, the game has separate programs which are the Campaign mode and the Training mode.
- This is the first installment of Commandos where you can accomplish the mission with pacifist approach by punching or put the ether to enemies unconcious without killing them.
There are some important issues with Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty. Due to its age most modern PCs will run the game in a highly unstable fashion, this is most notable with the Steam version of the game while the gog.com version has been patched. See the article here: Fixing Commandos for solutions to make the game playable.
- Official Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty website
- Download Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty demo
- Buy Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty (Steam)
- Buy Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty (GOG)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Commandos Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|